The purpose of the Rāwene Community Library Trust will be:
- To provide a broad range of fiction, non-fiction books and historical reference materials for the people of Rāwene and surrounds.
- To promote and develop the love of reading by providing affordable access to informational, educational, cultural and recreational library materials and services in a variety of formats and technologies.
- To be responsive to the library needs of our culturally diverse and isolated community.
- To liaise with the Public Libraries in the Northland region for the best advantage of our small community in order to widen and enhance the range of services available.
- To respect the historic nature of our library and the many years of effort that have ensured its continued service to our community; and to liaise with the Far North District Council and other bodies to protect and maintain the building into the future.
- To be a repository for such archival materials as the Trust deems relevant to the library’s collection.
- To provide other support and assistance consistent with this charitable purpose.